bronchiactesis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello to all my fellow bronchi friends,  I havent been on the forum for a few weeks now, just wondered how everyone is doing with the warm weather.  I am feeling very tired and breathing is a nightmare !  I was becoming so lazy to go out, that I bought a puppy which forces me to go out walks a couple of times a day.  It is said excercise is good for us !

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Marion

the concentrator was prescribed by the hospital. Unfortunately, the GPs are not allowed to prescribe home Oxygen. In addition I have a portable oxygen cylinder which I fill up before going out. All very useful.

i am off to see a consultant today to see if my breathlessness is related to some new complication!

best wishes

• Posted

Hi Sparkright

I am also on home oxygen. What system and make do you have? My partner is sometimes disturbed by the noise of the machine and he says there is a strange smell that could be the oxygen or the machine. Has your solution got any of these problems? He is coming to the UK later this month and wants to research better options.

• Posted

Hello Pomodoros

The Oxygen tank that I have is liquid oxygen. I fill up a portable oxygen container made by Helios, and the model is Marathon.  We find this easier to handle than the metal Oxygen tank, which was heavy and cumbersome. The Helios product has both continuous as well as a on-demand option, so can easily last for about six hours. However, the downside is that the oxygen evaporates and this empties the tank overnight!

The main concentrator is made by Invacare, and the model is Perfecto.  This is much better than the first machine we had which was noisy, and had started to smell.  When the engineer checked it out, he found that the chemican catalyst that extracts oxygen had leaked, thus giving less concentration as well as the smell!

We also have a portable concentrator that can be used in the car - this is made by Philips (model Respironics) - a really neat machine.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Your reply is very helpful. I have the Millenium M5 Respironics that converts the air into oxygen. It is also very noisy and last night my partner noticed a smell coming from it. I have not got any sense of smell so am in the dark in that area. Regarding the odour we have been trying to figure out why. I wonder if it could be the same explaination as yours and may explain why I do not seem to be benefitting from the oxygen as I was. My fingers and lips go blue quicker when off.

My partner had put a blanket over the machine to muffle the sound but I am sure this was not a good idea.

Either way he will be in the UK soon and will research the wonderful options you have given me. Thank you for taking the time to give me such important information.

Life becomes such a fine blend of elements.

• Posted

Hi sparkright, Thank you for that information,  I am going to ask my doctor to refer me back to the hospital to see if I can get further help.  I'm beginning to think I need something more than a Sabutamol puffer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.