Bronchiectasis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Happy new year to you all. I was just wondering dose any one on hear suffer with acid refux iv had it for 5 years but was under control with omicpozol but for last 3 or 4 months when I do my clearing of muguss which is twice a day every day with acpel device for the bronchiectasis which iv had for 14 months now I get really bad acid comeing up its driving mad .???

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jojo

Happy new year to you.

It's funny you should say that about the reflux, because for a month or maybe more (time flies) I've had indigestion which I've not experienced before. At least, that's what I think it is. I keep feeling very uncomfortable right in the middle of my chest, and I can feel it right through to my back.  I've put it down to coughing a lot more and I have booked to see my doctor next week about this. 

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me so quick I know I should go see doctor, but all they do is dish out more pills as none of them seem to know much about bronchiectasis I'm on so Manny pills now for one thing or another and I guess I'm scared they might find something else worng with me. But I know I will have to go if it don't clear up. And I hope you get sorted too. Mine comes on worse when I start to do the drain so iv not done it for 2 days but I need to have a go tonight.x
    • Posted

And yes mine goes into my back to. Let me know how you get on when you go x
  • Posted

hi jojo, it was acid reflux that caused my Bronchiectasis in the 1st place, I used to waken at night choking on the acid and on a couple of occasions I inhaled the stuff into my lungs sad but I solved the night time reflux with Omniprazole, and by simply raising the head of my bed by approx 6" thus preventing the acid travelling to my mouth whilst asleep, good luck, hope you get relief soon. biggrin
    • Posted

Yes iv been taking them for about 3 or 4 years when I had to have camera down.so maybe that's Wat cause mine l4 months ago. But the pills have not been controlling it last few weeks and iv stepped them up to 2 a day the last 3 weeks. Thanks for replying x
  • Posted

Hi everyone I too have acid reflux with my bronchiectasis . And the other night I had pain in back and middle of my chest . Thought it was a heart attack so went to A an E . I also had a rash like hives all over my body has any one had this too ? 
  • Posted

The A and E said that I had traces of pneumonia in the bottom of both lungs but the rash was a allergy . I just thought that is was something to do with it as I never in my life have had a rash . 
  • Posted

Since I been nebulising meropenem I now suffer with bad heartburn which I've never had before. Guess it's one of the side effects of that particular drug.

Rachel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.