Bronchiectasis Essential Oils usage?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have bronchiectasis and a friend uses essential oils for everything from cleaning her house to treatment of colds, insomina.

Has anyone used oils for the treatment of bronchiectasis?  Either by consumtion or disfuser?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the only oil I use so far is called Olbas oil, I do occasionaly rub into my chest or into a tissue, really strong, blow your head off (almost)
  • Posted

I was using an oil in my diffuser that was to help with congestion. Didn't help much.

I was thinking that to breath in the mist with the oil might be doing more harm than good.

• Posted

I use essentail oils a lot. It's not miraculous, but I find it helps. I rub my chest, back, and the bottom of my feet with ravintsara or eucalyptus essential oil and use these oils in a diffuser. Sometimes, I put a few drops in the shower. It opens up my airways and makes it easier to spit out secretions. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.