Bronchiectasis Using Oxygen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Seems my biggest thing with BX is night time, always coughing up every 30 mins getting no sleep,so I figured I try doing oxygen,started last night finally got some sleep, just wondering if anyone else is doing the same,and what are the results.

I still use the neb during the day Sodium & Albuterol & Synbicort have been my main stay and of course a lot of Natural things that have come from this Forum too much to mention.

Best,

Charlie

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlie, if it works, don't knock it, good luck. Hopefully you have had professional advice about using oxygen, it is a medication and should be on a prescription. I nebulise Salbutamol, Ipratropium, 6% saline, Gentamicin, I have a nasal spray and fostair, I also take two carbocisteine three times a day. I try to clear my chest at least two hours before bed and don't eat or drink anything for those two hours as well. I do postural drainage with self clapping and huff and cough the rubbish out, then relax for the last two hours and go to bed relaxed and calm. I cannot sleep with my upper body in an upright or anything other than flat but if you can that would be to the good. Good luck, I hope that it keeps working for you.

• Posted

Thanks for your answer Charlie, I wish you the best and what you are doing carries on working for you. Keep smiling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.