Bronchietasis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I would like to share that I have found a solution called hypertrophic saline which is a decongestant for lungs place this in a nebuliser and it helps me.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Does it require a prescription?
    • Posted

In the UK hypertonic saline (which may or may not be the same) i has to be given under supervision through a hospital. The medical people have to make sure there is no reaction to it and sabultamol can be given before  the hypertonic saline, through the nebulizer.

Hope this helps you.

I use ordinary saline through a nebulizer to help me get the mucus up, but am going to ask about hypertonic saline as it seems to be better.

• Posted

Mysticzam,

I live in the states and use a hypertrophic saline 7% in my nebulizer. Here you have to have a doctor's prescription for it. Some people use salt lamps and in certain areas or country there are 'salt caves' that people visit.

I have even notice that being around salt water, at the ocean, breathing in the salt air helps. Unfortunately, I live in the in the center of the country.

Beth

• Posted

I found the same thing. When I'm near the ocean my breathing clears. And, unfortunately, I also live in the middle eastern part of the U. S.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.