Brostrom Gould ankle stabilization recovery

Posted , 1 user is following.

i had ankle stabilization surgery on nov 23 which involved 2 ligaments both fully detached that were reattached using 2 screws (hard wear of some sort they could stitch it around) . i was told to wear a half cast which was wrapped with ace for 3 days then to wear the cast only at night and a boot during the day. no weight bearing and no activity really at all for 10 days then on day 14 could walk with the boot on. i tried to walk in my boot and it hurt, (has not been hurting), feels too stiff to actually bend my ankle at all, and i get a pins and needle sort of feeing in the bottom of my foot. im not sure if his recommendations are too early or if how i am feeling is normal? im afraid of reinjury if i try to soon. ill of course talk with my surgeon again but am curious what other peoples post op experience has been like and if the weird pain im having is normal. thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.