Brother in law in a coma in Thailand.

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I'm not sure who I should be contacting. My girlfriends brother had a motorbike accident in Thailand a few weeks ago. He stupidly wasn't wearing a helmet and landed on his head, he is now in a medically induced non reponsive coma. My girlfriend is now out in Thailand with her Sisters, but they are finding it hard to understand the full extent of the injuries. 

I'm just trying to find out if it's possible anyone could reach/contact the hospital in Hau Hin, Thailand, get copies of scans, speak to the Doctors... Just anything really.

I would truly appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.


0 likes, 9 replies


9 Replies

  • Posted

    i can't help nick but wish to send message of support. my daughter recently returned from thailand but no solid contacts there...i really hope something comes up for them...this is a good idea to try....hope someone can help.
  • Posted

    I have pm'd the link to you Nick and it should work.

    What a worrying time for you all.

    Perhaps the Thai Embassy in the UK might be able to help

    • Posted

      Thank you. I will send the link over. I think it was the embassy they got hold of. Anything is worth checking. Thanks again
  • Posted

    Dear Nick,

    the shock from the impact to the brain has shut the body down so he wont be able to use the brain to function except to keep the body going although intensive care will be doing most of that for the moment for your injured broI ther.  He may come out of it but it really depends upon the extent of brain damage so he may not be so lucky.    I am hoping for the best for him and thinking about your family. best wishes



Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up