Brown coloured semen

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a brown colour instead of white in their semen.

I noticed it around 8 days ago for the first time it was a chocolate brown colour. Then a couple of days later it's still present. But this time it had brown bits as well. The problem still persists as of today after 8 days .

Could this be a start of a problem.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That comes from blood mixed with ejaculate. Always experienced after prostate biopsy but could be experienced even at younger age after trauma to genital area. 

It is supposed to clear after week or two. If it persist behind that time, it is recommended to see urologist to get investigated.

MK

• Posted

Im a 47 year old male.

Not had a prostate biopsy .

Only problem I encounter is a painful testicle when touched.

Not got a std or slept around.

• Posted

Yes, brown semen does indicate blood. Because of that and also the pain you feel In your testicle it would be wise to see a urologist. It could be nothing serious or it could be something that needs attention now. Don't wait.

• Posted

Good morning.  This mean that you could have a old infection.  It could be anywere in that area.  Did you have any problem going to the bathroom.  by any chance have you fell or got hit in the private area.  You start having any problems go to the urologist He may be able to tell you after a few tests.  But be carful don't let them talk you into any surgery.  Please read up on procedures.  9 out of 10 procedures cause retro ejaculations  Good luck  Ken

• Posted

Just been to see my gp.

Confirmed it is old blood. But concerning that it shouldn't be there. Referring me to a urologist urgent request.

Not fell or been hit in the down stairs region.

Had urine test. No traces of blood.

• Posted

It may be somthing simple.  Like a infection.  It could be the prostate, bladder or kidney.  How old are you  Just be careful   Let me know whats up  Ken
    • Posted

Hope it is something simple like an infection.

He did a prostate check and said things seem fine. Then said about the urgent request to see a urologist.

I am 47years old.

Will let you know outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.