Brown curdled/clotted discharge mid-cycle, what could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 26, I'm sexually active but only with husband. There's no chance of STI/STD. I have regular and periods, haven't missed a cycle in life (so far). I don't have PCOS.

I had gone on pills in mid-June, then double-backed in Jul-Aug after which i stopped. I got my first period after pills in Aug, then the next period came a bit late in September (34 days cycle) but I figured it could be due to withdrawal from pills, the double-backing. Beginning of October, I got my period right on time, on 28th day. But exactly 14 days later, last Sunday, I noticed a bit of brown discharge- well not really discharge, I noticed it on my husband after sex. I dont mean to be disgusting but panicked as I was, I sort of finger around my vagina to see what it was- I found a small dime sized clot and brown discharge. It wasnt completely fluid but a bit grainy sort of almost, with clots like old blood- size varying between sand grain to a pea. I put on panty liners for next two days but there was nothing on it. I did notice very tiny stringy bits of brownish blood (tissue?) in urine for 2 days. Then Wednesday, I had sex and there was no brownish discharge. But again, today, on Thursday same thing happened- discharge again.

There's no pain or discomfort anywhere, I feel fine in all sense. There's no bad smell. But I'm mad scared. Sorry for such a long post. But can anyone shed any light on it? Any ideas? Or similar experience?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

brown blood is usually just old blood.

• Posted

But how old blood? My period ended a week before said discharge. i dont think its possible for it to stay in the vagina for 1 whole week before coming out.

• Posted

I actually got my period today, on the 20th day of the cycle. I dont know what happened.

• Posted

when i had the implant i was passing brown blood at random times. so who knows. if youre concerned just go see the doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.