Brown discharge ??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Basically ive had brown discharge for 4 days now. it started about a week before my period was due which is not normal for me. The doctor said he is bot alarmed by this but to come back in if it doesnt stop soon, i am on the pill and have been for six months could this be an early period or something else all together ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

edit-

i am still taking my pill as normal i dont start my sugar pills for another day

• Posted

Hey..

I just googled brown discharge before period on google for you..

this showed up.

(It's especially common to have brown discharge around 2 days before your period. It's also common to experience brown discharge after periods. This is perfectly normal, and it's your uterus' way of cleaning itself out when your flow is light. ... This is usually a dark brown discharge that lightens over time).

Also it may not always happen.

but if it carries on go back to your doctor, make a note of how much is coming out/how many days it happens/if their is pain etc. This will let the doctor have a better chance of getting to the bottom of the issue.

Hope you get the help you need

x

• Posted

it started a week before my period is due and ive tried to google but i cant find anything that i think suits the situation as it started light and gradually got heavier, though its still not much. my period usually comes two-three days after i begin my sugar pills so ive still got 3 days left.

• Posted

Hi there. From my experience, brown discharge before your period is normal. For the longest time I never experienced that, but now I do every time. It's just where blood has been inside for a long time before it came out. It can be any color brown, even black. Don't fret too much. But if you don't get your period and the brown discharge continues, then yes- go get checked by your doctor. Take care.

• Posted

Are you taking the pill at exactly the same time every day never missing one?

It isn't usually anything to worry about, particularly if you are under 30. You haven't been on the pill long and your body is still adjusting. The first year or 2 I was on the pill, my period changed a bit, but after a while it got into a routine. Are you taking any other medication or supplements?

• Posted

im not overly consistent with what time i take the pill i must admit. but i use to take it before i went to bed but now after changing work in the last month i take it in the morning.

this might be tmi but i thought i was in the clear and had sex with my partner but it felt quite painful and sensitive and now its actual blood, could this be my period starting do you think ?

i didnt think you could get your period on your active pills and i just took my last one

• Posted

im not overly consistent with what time i take the pill i must admit. but i use to take it before i went to bed but now after changing work in the last month i take it in the morning.

this might be tmi but i thought i was in the clear and had sex with my partner but it felt quite painful and sensitive and now its actual blood, could this be my period starting do you think ?

i didnt think you could get your period on your active pills and i just took my last one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.