Brown Discharge Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have an irregular menstrual cycle. Recently, I have been having my period every other month (last period ended July 1st). Starting August 3rd, I started seeing spotting, so I thought I was getting my period. Later on when I went to the bathroom again I see that it is brown discharge. There's no blood, just brown discharge. This has been happening for about 6 days now. There is no pain and I'm kind of worried because I have never seen this before. I noticed the brown discharge after having sex. I read online that it is normal, but this has been going on for a few days. I'm very hesitant with seeing a doctor because I don't have health insurance and am not financially stable enough to go to a doctor. Please help.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also to add, it is not a lot of discharge either. It's only a little bit, like a size of a penny that I see whenever I go to the bathroom. And sometimes I only see it when I wipe after using the bathroom.

• Posted

It's normal. It's old blood from the previous periods don't worry

• Posted

i agree with the other post it is old blood and just your body cleaning itself out that is all, i would not be concerned at the moment.
    • Posted

How long should it last because mine has been going on for 9 days, so I'm starting to get worried?

• Posted

I'm experiencing the exact same thing! I started having light brown spotting 2 days before my period this month then I got my normal menstrual and it ended yesterday but now the brown discharge is back. I don't know what's going on

• Posted

It's the old blood being expelled. Nothing to worry about its very very common

• Posted

I would not be worried it sounds normal, things are just taking their time that is all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.