Brown patch on the inside of toe - potentially melanoma?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Height: 6'3

Weight: 76kg

Medications: N/A

Smoking status: Non-smoker

Current medical issues: None, however I'm currently having tests for hypothyroidism, but I don't think it's related (not a doctor tho)

Duration: Probably a month

Formed quite recently I believe, probably about a month ago; it didn't start off as a mole or anything, just formed as a patch. I walk around barefooted a lot in the house which is bad I know, but I can’t do much about that now. I also walk inwards a lot so the side of my toe may bear the brunt of that - it doesn't hurt or anything though.

I don’t really have any symptoms, I feel like it may have got bigger but to be honest I don’t know. It doesn’t feel like anything, nor is it causing any discomfort. It's definitely got darker since I got it originally but I don't think it's grown, or if so hardly. 

Pictures (not safe for life heh)

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you get sunburn on your feet ? Do you walk outside with sandals a lot ?

Do you remember ever having birthmarks on your feet?

I doubt so young you have melanoma there ,it's probably something benign.

Walking barefoot in the house is actually very good if all do it and the shoes stay at the door

• Posted

Melanona...a spot that gets bigger in size or has edge borders, itches, change in color, you need to have it checked out by a skin Doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.