Brown spot on nail revealed after some dipping powder chipped off. What is it??

Posted , 4 users are following.

About about a month ago I got dipping powder on my fingernails for the first time. It's been chipping off some and I've been thinking about taking it off. Today some chipped off of my thumb and a brown spot was revealed on my nail. I don't know what it is. Does anyone know? Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could be a fungal infection just in that spot. Soak Soak that nail in a bleach water mix for 10 minutes twice a day for 4 days to see if it starts to lighten up. If it does not, it could be an aggressive skin cancer called Melanoma. If after 4 days and no change, make an emergency appointment with your dermatologist!

• Posted

Why not go to your pharmacy first and see if they have any ideas.

• Posted

If you've ever accidentally pulled the acrylic off or bumped it, it could be a healing bruise under your real nail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.