Brown spots on skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

As summers arrive, I start getting weird patches on my skin. I don't know if its allergy or infection. I've applied Travogen (Isoconazole) once on these spots but I just wanted to confirm whether Travogen would be helpful or should I use some other ointment. Images at the end.

Further, kindly let me know ways to prevent my skin from having such infections/allergies.

Thank you!

imageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can see that you are quite dark skinned so i am thinking these are caused by exposure to sun, especially as you say they appear as Summer arrives. A bit like freckles on fairer skin. The best thing you can do is put plenty of High factor sun cream on your skin to stop the suns rays causing this.

Alternatively it might be Tinea versicolor which is caused by a type of fungus. I guess that is why you are using Travogen. If it is Tinea versicolor one of the best treatments is to wash your body in a dandruff shampoo that contains selenium sulphide, working up a lather with a soft body brush and rinsing well with cool water. Stop using the Travogen.

You could try combining both treatments ie dandruff shampoo and a high SPF to see if there is an improvement . You may also find that these freckles are quite difficult to fade once they have appeared, but its worth a try.

• Posted

Hi weirdpatient,

Have you been spending a lot of time in the sun?? They look like sun spots (sun freckles), if you spend a lot of time in the sun every year your skin will eventually have those, especially after a bad sunburn. I think the only thing to get rid of those is laser surgery, I had a few of those and my doctor froze them. Of course the ones I have now are called age spots, which also looks like sun spots. Not sure if your old enough to get those. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.