Brown spotting for around 3 weeks, what could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I’ve been diagnosed with pcos for about 3 1/2 years now, I came of contraception about 3 1/2 years ago. We aren’t actively Ttc but thought if it happens it happens (so far it hasn’t) I generally don’t get periods at all but have had brown spotting/bleeding for around 3 weeks now, today I’ve had very slight cramping and also felt very nauseous  this morning,  they can’t get me in at the doctors till next week so thought I’d come on here to see if anyone has had anything similar and can advise me on what it could be? Thanks 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

**Sorry that should have read have been diagnosed for about 5 years now 
  • Posted

Hey hun,

You sound just like me atm. I have not used contraception for years. Couple weeks ago I starting spotting here n there some days all day others a drop thought it was my period starting but nope just been on holiday and was same most of the week. Why don't you do a test x

• Posted

Yes sounds exactly the same, I was thinking of doing a test yeah, I did one a couple of weeks ago it came back negative but think it was invalid as I dropped it in the toilet 🙈🙈 x

• Posted

Sometimes stress can bring on as hormones and imbalanced with pcos anyway. Take another test won't hurt to see. Every person is different.

• Posted

I have had this problem. Iv took 4 tests and all negative. I have now been bleeding for 71 days and there isn’t any sign of it stopping. I went to the doctor and he said it was my body having a good clear out due to PCOS and absent period since September last year. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.