Bruise coming up 4 days *after* a cannula in my arm

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

Bit of a weird one. I had a cannula put in my arm for a "contrast" that was being used for an MRI. After the scan, it was all fine and the wound was pretty much healed up. Yesterday (4 days after the procedure), I was lifting something and felt my arm feel weird where it had gone it. I then noticed a bruise on my arm where the cannula had gone in.

Is this normal? My understanding is that a bruise will come out pretty fast if it is going to. I don't think I've ever had one come up many many days after (by which time I would have assumed the blood vessel would have healed?)

Thanks! This is more to put my mind at rest if other people have had similar. I'm guessing its nothing major as the bruise is obvious, but not dark red / purple, and doesn't seem to have got a lot worse overnight. Its more if I need to make sure I take it easy on that arm for longer?

Andy

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.