bruise like pain and swelling

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had pain in inner right ankle that felt like bruise followed by swelling and more intense pain. My shin bone started to hurt. Dr says stress fracture of medial tibia up shin bone. Non-wieght bearing w/ camboot for 4 weeks.  My shin feels fine now. I still have the same bruise like feeling inner ankle.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with that stress fracture. Sorry about that. I talked with a College football player yesterday who had a stress fracture and he was in a walking boot for two years. He said that he wished it had broken through because it would have healed faster and been less painful. His fracture was along his ankle. I had surgery on my left ankle and big toe. Big toe has a plate and my ankle broke in 3 places with 8 screws. 7 weeks out from surgery. Weightbearing and it gets better every day now. Today is the first day that my ankle and foot feel better with walking with walker or crutches. But, after an hour of partial weight bearing, I am laid out on couch with foot on pillow. I wish you all the best with your stress fracture. Everyone heals differently and I hope that you find someone on here who has the same complications as you. Take care.
    • Posted

Well, thanks for your response. Everyone is different. Time is certainly a key factor, it seems. Glad you are feeling better, but take it slow.
  • Posted

It usually takes longer to go away.

• Posted

ok, that is what I am reading / learning. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.