Bruise like pain at the top of my butt crack

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been experiencing this pain for a long time now. There are no bumps or anything though. It just feels like a bruise. I randomly start to feel the pain for a period of time and it relieves itself. Then after a good while the bruise comes back. Any information would be great. Thanks!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

it could be Coccyx pain in the tailbone of the spine sitting for long periods etc can cause it

• Posted

just a thought as theres not alot in that area but that

• Posted

I think I agree with Kim. It could be your coccyx that is inflamed.Can you relate it back to any sort of injury? Sitting down hard,or falling on your tail bone?

Try taking Ibuprofen which is an anti inflammatory drug daily for 2 weeks and see if that helps.

I was told by a physiotherapist that stress can result in this feeling as well: could that relate to you?

The only other thing that crosses my mind,although you say there are no bumps, is a pilonidal cyst at the base of your spine. That would need diagnosis and treatment from a doctor.

• Posted

I get this too. Do you have a sitting job? or do you sit for large portions? I have it because I am 90% bed bound so get pressure in the area despite my air mattress. Any long term pressure like sitting can cause this pain. A pressure cushion can help relieve the constant pressure.

• Posted

If you're worried, definitely see a dr. There are plenty of other causes for coccyx pain.,How old are you? Could you have osteoporosis? I have osteoporosis (I'm 37), due to being bed bound for years. I fell out of bed a few months ago and landed on it. I got lumps of swelling for weeks and I was diagnosed with a coccyx fracture. I still get pain from that.

• Posted

Have you found any solution ?

I have the same similar problem It happens randomly where it's just a redness and a little sore probably from sitting too much and than it may develop a crack in the skin right in the tailbone area but it's not a pain from the tailbone just a soreness in the skin that is in the tailbone area

I bought one of those jell pillows but it's useless as it compresses pretty much flat so the tailbone is sitting right in that area where the soreness is located

I have to seat more forward and avoid using the backrest of the chair just so that the tailbone does not contact the chair

There should be an inventor to come up with a good solution to prevent this kind of issues something to support the legs and back when sitting down while not exactly sitting on the butt or maybe a special designed chair just for that purpose

I wonder how all the long haul truck drivers or any driver that drives for 6-8 hours or more or even someone who is using the computer for most of the day deal with this problem

Creams, lotions or medication may help to alleviate some of the discomfort but it's not going to fix the underlying problem in my opinion

• Posted

Could be a form of infection. Or it could be a form of blunt trauma. Just massage the area, or you could try ice or heat on the area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.