Bruised Rib Injury - Popping and Clicking when I turn at night-Slippery Rib Syndrome?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I slipped and fell on a wet floor last week (9 days ago) on my right lower ribs. T I got examined and xrays - no lung involvement or fracture, must be just bruises. I'm 75 & have osteoporosis but pretty active otherwise. The pain during the day is tolerable with some limitations but at night its really intense.. After sleeping a couple of hours and trying to roll over, there is excruciating pain and a popping or clicking sound. It feels like something is moving. Its wierd. I can actuallyy roll over a bit if I HAVEN'T been sleeping so I don't understand the connection. At night I started sleeping near the right edge of the bed so I can get out by holding tightly to my right (injured) rib so it doesn't move and navigating carefully. so it doesn't "move" and "pop" and bring on the intense pain. I tried to look up these symptoms and came up with slippery rib syndrome. Not sure if this is the culprit. If so it is hard to cure. If anyone has any helpful info to share about this feeling of ribs moving and extreme pain when turning it would be very appreciated. Will this resolve itself, once the standard 4 to 6 week healing period is up? or something different? The bruised rib literature doesn't talk about this.Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.