Bruising

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am still in the process of being diagnosed with RA but my doctor is very sure that it is, I've been referred to a rheumatologist. Is it normal to bruise easily as part of having RA? And for the bruises to last longer than normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used to bruise really easily when I was taking methorexate.  Now, not as much.  A lot of those meds affect your liver and I think it makes you more susceptible to bruising.
  • Posted

RA makes everything inflammed and more tender so that is likely it.  I have always bruised a lot but was worse when I was on meds.
  • Posted

I'm a ten-year old RA sufferer and been on many forums and never heard of bruising as being one of the symptoms.

I personally have always been an easy bruiser but did not notice an increase in bruising as a result of methorexate or prednisolone or RA itself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.