Bruising

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 58 post menopausal now for nearly 2 years and I seem to have had all the symptoms going .Now I have noticed I am brusing very easily the slightest knock will do it especially on my legs and arms .Has anyone else experienced this please .Always something to stress about .

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Just saw this on my cousin yesterday. Her skin is very thin and bruises easily. It happens when we lose estradiol and our skin is lacking collagen. 

Part of that aging thing. 

• Posted

She just turned 60 and has been menopausal for several years.  She's got that limp squishy fat on jher belly as well.  Can't sleep well either.  She's definately lacking estrogen.  

• Posted

Thank you for that. I have terrible times not sleeping it's a nightmare still get hot sweats and flushes and have pit on lots of weight also .

• Posted

Well all pretty standard things with menopause. I bet you notice the back of your hands getting thin. Right?  
    • Posted

Can't say I have noticed to be honest lots of veins that's all

• Posted

That's good. At least we can be thankful for small pleasures.  It makes our hands look so old. 😡

• Posted

Yes very true I am lucky always had young looking hands if nothing else. I think the trouble is times like this just make u anxious and over think everything .and I am a worrier at the best of times .
    • Posted

Wen, we all feel that way at times.  But I also think it helps if we know why something happens.  I did great at menopause, well if you totally leave out the constant chronic muscle and ligament pain.  No one ever suggested that it could be from the lack of estrogen, so I did 4 years of that darn constant pain.  Then got into vaginal atrophy and dryness, the next step for me on this lack of hormone thing, and was given vaginal Estrace. (Vaginal Atrophy and hot flases Doctors will treat.)   With regular use, all my pain went away.  That was more than a little bit of heaven.  I had honestly never coorelated a lack of estrogen to muscle pain.  But for me it was, and just an accident that I found out what was causing it. I have been doing some estrogen since and no more pain.  

Having said that, no I'm not happy with the route I'm taking some estrogen, but boy it's a God send to not live with daily pain.  So I'll keep looking and find a way to get it in without some of the things I don't like.  Even a small amount helps.  but when I tried to go completely off, the pain issue started again.  Not gonna live like that.  

You can google search the effect of estradiol on the skin.  There's tons of research on this.   

• Posted

Hello

Are you taking any medications ? Some medications such as heparin or aspirin and some other could cause it . I will also go and check blood counts with your doctor . JUst to be sure . I always had this problem but never diagnosed with anything bad . Hope this helps . 

• Posted

FLuoxetine can cause bruising but when taken with other non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen etc . But if you not taking it then I would suggest to get your blood checked just to exclude everything else . It is more likely that our vessels are becoming more Fragale with age. Could be related to blood clotting factors . Good luck with everything. I know ! There is always something but hopefully nothing serious just annoying 
  • Posted

Morning wen. Yes like you I've noticed that I've started to bruise very easy. I'm post menopause as had no periods now for 4years. Ive Also got fibromyalgia and they seem to mirror easy other so my body doesnt know whats going on. But only recently have I started the bruising! Take care

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. It's good to hear someone else has noticed this. I think I am paranoid about every little thing these days if it not one thing it's another what a nightmare this menopause is .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.