Bruising

Posted , 9 users are following.

im on my 9th day and no bruising....is this normal ....

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda the bruising takes a while to come out I got quite a lot on my knees the right one (operated hip) is worse than the left and a lot on my tummy where injections were put in by hubby but don’t worry it’s not too bad take care
  • Posted

Hi Linda - Don't know if it's normal (I would hope it is), but I'm five weeks out and have had no bruising at all (except for around all the sites where they stuck needles in for IV, taking blood) Guess you and I are just among the fortunate ones. I also have had almost no incision pain, no muscle or nerve pain thus far. Keeping my fingers crossed and enjoying bein pain- free for the first time in 15 years. I have some edema, but that could be related to a mild heart condition, and not necessarily from the THR. Count your blessings.

• Posted

Depends on the person, I don't bruise easily, but I still had some.  Sounds like you've been lucky there wink

• Posted

Hi Linda

I had no bruising and minimal swelling, I usually bruise easily.  I am told it is a sign of a careful and considerate surgeon!!

Let's hope you carry on like that

Goood luck

Chris

• Posted

Hi Linda...I didn't have bruising either but a lot of swelling in my leg. I hope you continue to be free of bruises!

• Posted

I didn't have any bruising and didn't realise that I could have some.  I had some swelling but that resolved itself quite quickly.

• Posted

Hi Linda im 13 months after hip replecement and  I did not have any bruising after operation.  We have been lucky or they treat us with tender loving care. 

Take care Madla💗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.