Bruising again after 5.5 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had additional bruising suddenly appear after 5.5 weeks.  All bruising was fading it’s now suddenly coming out at 5.5 weeks post op once again. I haven’t knocked it or done anything untoward. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Probably bruising from inside coming out. I now have 3 permanent bruises at first I could actually move the blood back an forth lol. Surgeon said it happens sometimes he said massage area every day. This time the other leg had a stitch white cord come through. The nurse pulled it through. It was the internal stitches they use to pull the inside muscle back together before stitching lol. So just cos it looks healed on top doesn't mean it's healed under the skin I'm a ec nurse so it doesn't alarm me much lol. Good luck in your healing x

• Posted

Thank you Joan I was just ensuring that this was nothing to be concerned about 
  • Posted

Hi

When I had my 2 TKR's in 2009/20010 I had the usual bruising.  But I then noticed that anytime since then if I knock my legs below the knee and bruise the bruises don't disappear.  When I mentioned it to my GP he said this is quite common and also as you get older (cheeky thing!!  :-) ) bruising takes a very very long time to disappear if at all. So I no longer worry - life is too short and after all we go through to be free of pain a small price to pay.     

• Posted

Oh I know it is Danny just wondered if it was normal that was all.  I had lots of bruising initially it all more or less disappeared. Then last night all came up again around the wound area. It’s not painful there but wondered if anyone else had had it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.