Bruising and burning under eyes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

Anyone gets dark and purple circles under eyes?

I get them along with other bruising on thighs almost always for 9 months now. 

Today I had a sore feeling under eyes and when I looked myself into the mirror I saw that the skin was red and I could see blood under my skin and the burning feeling was probably from the ruptured vessels.

I have been feeling fatigued for almost 1.5 years with no diagnosis.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine,

yes, throughout this whole thing I have dark and puffy circles under my eyes, I think this just comes with being sick in general. I have no idea what to tell you about the red skin because I have not experienced this, perhaps check with a doctor?

How much does your fatigue affect your life at this point? This symptom can last for quite a long time with this virus so it Is important to just rest when your body tells you to and not overdo it. 

I too have not had any proper diagnosis, and I was super fatigued, weak and dizzy for several weeks. I still have these symptoms at times and not completely better. A lot of doctors just don’t know how widespread the symptoms of mono can be for people and it isn’t always the typical lymph nodes, sore throat and fatigue for a couple weeks. 

Hang in there Christine, I believe you will get better and I’m sending my good thoughts your way.

Dominika 

• Posted

Hi Christine sorry to hear you have this crazy virus. I too have the purple around and under my eyes, including puffiness under my eyes. It looks to me like I almost have black eyes.

It will dimish over time and I've found on days my energy picks up a bit I look healthier around my eyes. Hang in there, I'm at 8 months and from a recent blood test apparantly the virus has gone but I still have a lot of fatigue and a way to go to feel better.

Rest rest rest, eat healthy and keep loving family and friends around you. Take care

Xxx

• Posted

Hey Kliffy,

Good to know that the virus is gone for you, do you know what blood tests you took for that? Because I asked my doctor if there is a blood test that he could do that would tell us if the virus is still alive, and he said not one that he knew of. 

I have taken the titer test but that only tells you about antibodies.

• Posted

Hi Christine,

It is good to see a post from you, and just so sorry things have still been so hard for so long and you've been having this bruising. I do remember a phase later in my mono experience, 9-10 months in, when I started getting bruising and joint pain, and it got me so down thinking things would never get better. God did heal me after that and in many ways I look back at that time as the start of the final push to kick the virus out of my body for good.

It must be so frustrating not to have had a diagnosis Christine, just really hoping whatever is going on settles and that things improve soon. Goodness knows you must be so tired and weary. Praying that God will intervene and get you through this and bring full healing. Going through a tough time with pain for different reasons myself for over a year now and I do empathise. Do keep checking in with the doc and if you can get blood tests etc to keep monitoring things, I know it's so painful going to doctors and not feeling like getting anywhere - it's one of the hardest things Christine and just remember there is hope because of God and just praying for His help and mercy and healing in your life - trusting that He is going to pull you through, even though I know you must feel so tired right now. Remember it's okay to rest, resting isn't giving up. Just take care of yourself and hang in there, I believe you are going to get better thanks to Jesus. 

Craig

• Posted

When I was little over a year I had dark circles around my eyes and they were puffy. I also had bruises on my thighs.
    • Posted

Just want to say thanks again for your thoughts and prayers Brent, I've been thinking about you too and want you to know that I'm rooting for your recovery and praying for you too - trusting God to keep you moving along the road to recovery.

Craig

• Posted

...and believing you will get there Brent - I truly believe that!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you for your replies and the support. I’m going to do a new blood test to see what’s going on.

• Posted

Good luck Christine and hoping the blood tests can be reassuring and lead to a breakthrough in your recovery.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.