Bruising easily and feeling very fatigued (21, Male)

Posted , 2 users are following.

21, Male, 68kg, 5'7.

Asthmatic, I take Ventolin and Beclazone 200mg daily.

Suffer from chronic headaches.

Started with a dry cough roughly 2 weeks ago, got to the point where I was feeling tight chested, and I was coughing to the point of gagging because of a burst of coughing.

Prescribed prednisone for 5 days - had no affect.

Went back to the doctor, prescribed Oramox (antibiotic) for 7 days, 3 days in and I'm no better.

I feel extremely tired, I'm yawning or falling asleep throughout the day

I've felt out of breath going up stairs or carrying in shopping bags.. enough that I had to catch my breath.

I've the same horrible headaches, but they feel a little worse.

My throat is sore, my voice is croaky, I feel like I've a lump in the back of my throat.

My left side is sore, just the bottom part of and below my ribs.

I noticed I'm bruising very easily.. I picked a spot on my shoulder/collar bone and now it's bruised, I've bruises on my arms that I don't remember getting.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Wow!

Sorry to hear of your multiple problems.

When you mentioned you are easily bruised, tired and headaches, the following comes to mind:

1. Possible anemia (ie you have low iron which causes fatigue and bruising easily)

For this get a blood test

2. L ow cortisol causes fatigue;

For this get 2 blood tests for cortisol: at around 08:00 and 18:00 on the same day

3. Dehydration causes headaches;

Even when you are NOT on meds you MUSt drink about 8 glasses of water

4. Prednisone raised the sodium in your body;

You should drink even >8 glasses a day because you're adding salt to your system with prednisone

5. Antibiotics often raise the sodium in your body.

You should drink even MORE water than in (4) above because you're adding salt to your system with Oramox ON TOP of the salt courtesy of prednisone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.