Bubble like holes underneath skin

Posted , 4 users are following.

This issue has been with me for ages, sometimes it happens around the top side of fingers which is ok, but when it is at the tip and side, it rubs against my other fingers or when I go about my daily life and when it pops, it is really painful and itchy. image

My local GP has recommended E45 which only seem to make it worse as instead of the bubbly skin, i have huge patches of itchy red lumps growing on my backs and limbs. They goes away if I stop using E45, but this bubbly condition comes back.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had those bubbles around my fingers too , they came in summer only , the dermatologist gave me a prescrption antifungal cream and they went away. They are not a big problem ,just a nuisance.

Haven't seen them in years though

• Posted

Sounds like Pompholyx,which is a sort of eczema but is something of a mystery. Usual treatment is emollients like E45,but often a steroid cream can be prescribed for 2-3 weeks use. You can also ask your chemist/pharmacy for some Potassium Permanganate crystals to make into a solution,and soak your hands in it once per day. It may stain them light brown but this does wear off,dont worry and dont scrub at your skin.

If persistent then a referral to a Dermatologist may be helpful.

Dont use any scented soaps or lotions or anything harsh at all. Keep your hands away from household cleaning chemicals.

Are you suffering any sort of stress?

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I had tried E45 and handcream, but this will lead to huge chunks of red lumps on my back and limbs. They are quite itchy and when i scratch it, the skin comes off easily in tiny pieces and leaves tiny scars. I will try potassium crystals to see if i have better luck.

I have spoken to my GP who just ask me to use handcreams and stay away from chemicals, but so far I have not found a type of cream that will not have side effects.

Thank you.

• Posted

You could also try taking an antihistamine tablet to hopefully relieve the itching. Plenty you can buy over the counter.

• Posted

I also didn't find E45 cream very useful, in general.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.