Bug or bacteria help

Posted , 3 users are following.

help! friday i made chili... and my stomach was upset but didnt last long... friday i made spaghetti & then at 2 am my stomach started to hurt so bad.... non stop pain... no breaks... the only thing that would relive the pain was a hot bath... i didnt sleep all night and i was burping this ugly egg taste... and air... AlOT! plus very very gassy... at first i had thick diarrhea (sorry TmI) then it turned to water ... all night until the next day.. around 11 am the pain finally went away and my tummy was sore but i thought it passed... it did .. the next day i (sunday) i had to drive 8 hours and i ate DQ AND i got a cramp and that was it... monday NOtHiNg... tuesday i ate salad and pizza and again i got bad cramps... then diarrhea... weds again the cramp and diarrhea... only this time its not non stop and dont last but a few monutes... i do hear my stomach like if i have gas but i dont... nobody else in my house got it so i dont think its a bug... its day 5 is this normal or has anybody experienced this... ive got cramps a long time ago but the burps with egg taste hasnt ... HeLp please i have health anxiety and my mind races ...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds very much like gastroenteritis or stomach flu, which can be caused by a virus or bacteria, and takes a week+ to clear up. The recommended treatment is to stay at home, rest and have plenty of fluids - water, juice, broth - to avoid dehydration. If you do eat its small amounts of bland white foods like rice, mash, steamed fish (not pizza, BBQ, chilli, curry, high fat food etc which will exacerbate the inflammation). Your tummy needs to have a rest. If you live in the UK you are advised NOT to go to the doctor, unless the symptoms worsen or last more than week. If you live elsewhere the advice might be different. If you are extremely anxious still, you may wish to see your doctor.

• Posted

thank you thats what im eating now... probably wouldve been better if i hadnt eaten all the greasy bad foods

• Posted

Two things are possible. You may indeed have a bug that others in your house have managed to resist, or it may be food intolerance.. You seem to have had these symptoms after the food you ate: chilli, pizza and salad. Try avoiding these foods to see if the irritation goes away. Then try reintroducing these foods one by one to see if you react again. Try not to worry because anxiety can make gut problems worse. Food intolerance and bugs are very common.

• Posted

You may have colitis which is stomach flu. It is treatable with anti-biotics. Get a CT scan to confirm. In the meantime an anti-diarrhea med can help.

• Posted

thank you all i think my mistake was eating greasy spicy food after all this happened instead of bland light foods.... today i seem better... like i said that one day only was horrible... the rest were just once a day... if its not gone by tomrw ill definetely see a dr thank you

• Posted

its been 8 days since i last talked to you guys and i had been ok... tummy aches here and there but nothing crazy until tonight.... again stomache pain.... egg burps and so gassy... i hadnt gone to dr because i thiught it was gone and im out of town.. cant see dr til monday and i do hve diarrhea again... i know this isnt normal... does gastroenteritis last this long or do you think its soemhtint else .. so stressed out at this point and my tummy is so upset

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.