Bulging disc C6/7. Suffered for 2 months.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I suffered from so much pain the last couple of months. I injured myself at work and ended up having bulging disc on c6/7. 

Can anybody tell me if the bulging disc can heal naturally? I just notice after 2 months of severe pain and all of a sudden the past week I felt less pain that I wouldn't have to put up with pain meds. I know the pain is still there, but I just wonder that how come now that the pain is less, I am feeling the weakness on my neck and down to my right arm. Funny thing is that, there is burning sensation and twitching muscle as well.

can anybody tell me is if I am getting better or not? 

I will ill be having a surgery in near future. I need advice.

cheers

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes things can ease in my case there sometimes becomes a point where ur brain learns to turn Down the pain( yeh I know it sounds strange) read it somewhere. Also sometimes it's the first stages of the bulging that are most painful once the bulged disc settles in to place it can become less painful. ( also read somewhere).But u could start to suffer from irrated nerves in that area. R u may have better days than others. If it dose not heal properly Ull always have a weakness there, so Ull need to be careful. Get yr self a good neurosurgeon show him yr MRI and ask for his opnion.

• Posted

Hi jessica,

I have seen 2 neurosurgeon. Both said I need surgery. My only concerned is just this one thing. 

As I have mentioned it, I was in so much pain the last couple of months until these past couple of weeks, I have notice the pain is less but weakness on my neck and arm. Not quite sure what is happening. I am still waiting for the insurance to call me. They said they are waiting on some kind of report from my surgeon as their independent surgeon have suggested a different kind of surgery. 

I guess it won't hurt f I will get another MRI done and see what's happening with my bulging disc. I don't want to put up with surgery if it's not necessary.

thanks for the advice though... Appreciate it.

• Posted

Hi, if you're having burning and muscle twitching then I'm guessing the disc is still out. I had a Lull with my L5/S1 disc in my lower back weeks after my prolapse, the pain was bearable but i couldn't go back to work, my calf was numb, then one day the pain came back full on and i was stuck in bed for months!! The burning was so bad i couldn't even have the bed sheet touching it!!. By all means have another MRI. But Don't lift anything!! Inform your surgeon of the change of your symptoms for the best advice, good luck! Dave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.