Bulging disc pain. Advice needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. My operation is in 2 weeks to have 2 discs (c5/6) removed and replaced but the pain in the last 2 days as been horrific. No pain killers are touching it and I'm losing the will!!! Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was in that position very recently and was hospitalised. The pain was so bad I could no longer speak. I was admitted with possible quada equine symptoms and they hit it with everything. Doubled my Lyrica, amytriptylene, diclofenac and added in morphine and diazepam. It still took over a week to get the pain under control and now I'm at home with all the enviable side effects of increasing Lyrica too fast. I had been to my  doctor three times and all she had suggested was tramadol(which I've had twice before and know is useful for nerve pain for me and a horrible drug) That's all I can suggest really, it took welll over two months (I've had chronic pain and sciatica for six years) for me to get to that point with it but hospital was the only option. They were concerned about my pain but also the bladder and nuerological foot syptoms.

I don't know what you're already taking? Is there anything your doctor could prescribe?

All the best and good luck with your op!

• Posted

I was also admitted to hospital I have herniated discs c567 and severe den generation of my other c spine discs. In hospital they were unable to control the pain. They gave me bed rest which helped and a neck brace, have you got one.as you move your neck you may be pinching nerves and the brace helps restrict your movement. I would lie flat in bed, rest and take your pain killers contact your go and tell them the pain relief you have is not helping. I know where u are coming from completely. So times it feels like a bone is trying to force itself through my back. What pain relief have you been given. They need to gradually increase some of the drugs and can't give u the max all at once. This is what I have discovered. Hang in there, you will get there

• Posted

Go =gp 
    • Posted

Thank u for your replies. It's nice to know I'm not on my own. My doctor has prescribed tramadol but they make me feel awful. I've only got 7 more days n then I pray the op works! I'm sorry to hear your also suffering. I sympathise massively xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.