Bulging Thoracic Disc compressing spinal cord-

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had a good surgical outcome or recommend the best surgeon or centre of excellence for this type of surgery.

I am very stressed not just with pain(numbness and burning in my legs) but trying to put my trust in a surgeon who knows what they are doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Not sure where abouts you are from but I'm under a great spinal consultant at frimley park as I'm waiting for facet fusion surgery (which I've been told that it's quite a new procedure in the UK) I do believe that they do say you can attend any hospital in the country as you now no longer have to attend the one in your area so worth having an ask around about a good surgeon, I was sent here from the pain clinic as been suffering for years and so fed up with being on morphine and pregabalin and then the diazepam when things get really bad, but hoping things are going to be on the up very soon (fingers crossed) I also have a bulging disc and several procedures later still no change, I hope things start to fall in place for you soon as I know what it's like to be suffering

All the best

• Posted

Hi katwitch,

thank you - where is Frimley park?Is your problem in the Thoracic area?

I have done loads of research on different centres I have just moved back to Ireland from England and not really happy my neurosurgeon has the experience for this complex surgery.

I understand Walton Centre Liverpool is a centre of excellece, Spinal Injury clinic at Queens medical Centre Nottingham (Mr Boszczyk) and Stanmore. So I am in the process of getting a second opinion. Can you share the name of your neurosurgeon?

​Thank you for your response.

• Posted

Hi

Frimley park is in surrey and my surgeon is/was Mr Adam Way or there's also Mr Thomas, I was under Mr Way but he can't do the operation as he's never done the facet fusion but his colleague Mr Thomas has, but always worth doing a bit of a search to see if either of them could help. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.