bullectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a collapsed lung 8 years ago and had to have a Bullectomy,I have been in pain ever since,,I'm wondering else has had problems after having their lung reinflateted and glued to their chest wall x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same surgery almost 3 years ago.  I am having a lot of lung/back pain.  I have seen the surgeon and other docs and they can do nothing for the pain.  I have had CT's and xrays.  They keep telling me that everything looks good.  I HAVE PAIN! I hurts to breath deep.  I don't want to have surgery again, so my options are..... a pain clinic.  It shouldn't hurt to breath.
    • Posted

I've been told it's nerve end damage but I think the surgeon has glued my lung to tight to my chest wall,,I can't stretch my arm out as it feels too tight to stretch and lime you,it hurts to breath. i went to pain clinic and they couldn't do anything as I was on all the pain relief I could get,I sometimes feel they think I'm making it up.
  • Posted

Your not making it up and yes it does hurt.  The pain is real and it sucks.  I wish I could tell you something different or had a better answer for you.  Hang in there.  If I find something that helps...I'll let you know.  smile
  • Posted

hello everyone, about the pain, you can check my post (it's a bit long), at the end I mentionned something that may help you. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.