Bumb on the knee

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everybody, I'm 16 years old and I'm really active I play basketball, jog/run every other day go out lot, and basically after some time playing of basketball I got pain in my right knee, went to doctor, and they said I have tear in meniscus after MRI test, had operation in December, after operation I had little bumb on the side of the knee, but after 4 months I started getting back to jogging and being more active, and after each time I run or walk longer distance the bumb gets bigger, but it doesn't hurt, maybe somebody knows why it happens , or have dealt with it and knows how to fix this issue, thanks.

Some photos : https://imgur.com/a/mMA9nr2

English isn't my first language so sorry for the mistakes

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I had meniscus surgery about 5 years ago but did not experience a bump like that. although I did have swelling. I went back to my surgeon to confirm that nothing was wrong. I would suggest you see your doctor, or at the very least speak with them on the phone. It may be something minor but getting it sorted out early ,before it might become an issue, will be beneficial. Don't ignore things, get answers and then at the least you know how to move forward. In the meantime, perhaps you should refrain from doing as much activity until this goes away.

• Posted

How long was your recovery from operation? And did they fully removed your meniscus or just stitched it up like mine?

Thanks for advice 👌

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.