Bump

Posted , 2 users are following.

so last week I had a huge bump on my chin, I thought it was a pimple that wouldn't go away. the next day I tried to pop it as it was really red and irritated (I was in Ireland for a trip and didn't want it on my face or I would have let it heal).

the top layer of skin pealed off, but makeup would not apply over it... Under the top layer of skin there was a dark dot in which case I tried to pop that. (the picture)image

The next day I realized that part of the skin was not flat on my face so it was easy to peal. after about twenty minutes I was able to peel the whole thing off in one piece. the skin was sticky and the huge bump came off in one piece, revealing flat skin. it reminded me of a small band aid where it was flat on the edges but thicker in the middle. both sides were sticky and it was attached to my skin fairly well, but peeled off and tore almost no skin.

since then it started healing like normal and nothing seems to be wrong.

any ideas of what this could be? is it a serious condition-- could it come back (Ive never had anything like this before).

i am a twenty-two year old (f).

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Looks like a cyst which is capsule formed under the skin that will get larger as time goes by if it is not lanced. Sometimes antibiotics will help it clear .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.