Bump in the back of throat, is this normal?

Posted , 21 users are following.

I noticed this bump for over 5 months, it keeps the same size. I went to my GP and he said it was an allergic reaction, and the drugs he prescribed did nothing. I'm afraid it could be a tumor

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I too have a lump at very back of throat clise to epiglotis, which most can't c but I can. Matter fact iv got another on other side. ENT says it's lingual tonsils caused by acid reflux which I have as well. I too worry. Had a scope and ultra sound done. Sometimes it feels raw..

• Posted

Hi,

I also have the same size lump behind my uvula, did you find out what it was?

Thanks

• Posted

My ent did two scopes and still says it's enlarged lingual tonsils..he didn't seem concerned at all..so I'm done worrying myself sick over it. Iv had these issues almost a year, so figure if it was serious, I'd have lost weight by now and I havent. It just sometimes feels raw, which I asume is due to acid reflux..

• Posted

Hi terrie,

Thanks for reply, Is yours the same as in bpvs 9 picture, do you have the same lump? I read online lingual tonsils is on your tongue.

Mine is behind my uvula on my throat.Just like the one on the photo.

Have a nice day

Thank you

• Posted

No mine is on sides of the epiflotis. Looks like polyps really bit had two scopes and Ent checked them out with a light and all times said it's lingual and that lingual can form lime a circle..no mine doesn't look like the pic. Always something to stress ya...

• Posted

Hey 

My throat looks EXACTLY like that and i've been to the doctors and he told me it was just a throat infection put me on anti biotics (Penicillin) and it made me feel nothing different. 

2 weeks later it looks exactly the same and i'm worrying now. 

Did you manage to find out what this is and get it sorted?

• Posted

Dear how you feel now .I have exact symptoms for year now .I am really nervous
    • Posted

Its become slightly painful, 

still waiting for my ENT appointment, what about you?

• Posted

SORRY to hear that you are feeling not good .you are not alone i have same problem i dont able to figure out .i have same symptoms over 9 months ..but my throat bumps dont hurt 
    • Posted

Mine looks exactly like that but its behind my throat and tonsils and it feels like something is stuck and my thraot and its really aggervating but have no pain

• Posted

Hi I have same problem ..How you feeling now please update me
  • Posted

please tell me what was it. i am having same bumps and of same size. please let me know what was it i m going through bad health anaxity.

• Posted

Hi,

I was having this issue almost 7 months, until my stomach issue solve. It is due to Acid reflux & Anxiety. Be on diet avoid anything cold, white sugar, no nuts. you should be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.