Bump in throat help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

for the past month ive noticed this kind of swollen bump in the back of my throat. it's not the tonsil but behind it like behind the flaps. its only on one side. recently it has been effecting my ear and making it uncomfortable. however it isnt too painful just irritating and uncomfortable. my anxiety is very extreme so it makes me panic and expect the worst possible thing. is it throat cancer? hpv? or just a pretonilar abcess? i have had acid reflex that goes to my throat from my anxiety so that could be a factor. the picture isnt super clear sorry about that it goes down sometimes and other times swells up more. It's hard to see a doctor rn because of the covid-19. i just need a piece of mind if anyone has any advise or answers that would help a lot!image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Treatment for some common causes of a lump in the throat feeling include:

Muscle therapy. If muscle tension is causing the feeling, you may be referred to an ENT or speech therapist to learn how to ease the tightness when it occurs. ...

Nasal spray. The most common treatment for postnasal drip is nasal spray. ...

Therapy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.