Bump/lesion in vag area for months

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello i am looking for some insight. a few months back i noticed what i thought was an ingrown hair bump in between my vagina & anus. at first it was kindof hard but as time went on it kindof scabbed up but the more i wiped the more irritated it became.it doesnt hurt unless i touch on it or wipe to hard but it wont go away. any help is appreciated. image

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

its either a benign skin tag or its a wart a doctor can freeze it off

• Posted

would a wart be tender to touch? My last STD screening was negative for HPV. I originally thought it was an pimple or ingrown hair bump and i tried to pop it which i know i shouldnt have now its very irritated and in the place it is located it hurts when i wipe. When i look up warts and skin tags online neither should hurt. since this has been there for over a month Im sure its not herpes so im just confused and my dr cant get me in until OCT

• Posted

if u have been tested for hpv than its very doubtful tht its a wart then ...its not herpes the only thing i can think if is a skin tag or benign spot of some kind if u have tried to pop it an its a skin tag it would be sore to touch i have a small skin tag on my neck and if i rub it or catch it if i scratch my neck it does hurt

• Posted

there are different strains of hpv some dont cause warts

• Posted

there is no swab or blood test to test for HPV. A sexual health check at the doctors/clinic (routine check up) is not able to detect skin viruses, HPV or HSV (genital herpes). HPV can be diagnosed only if a person has visible warts on genital skin or if they have an abnormal cervical smear result.

• Posted

here is a better view just to be sure it doesnt look like a wart

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.