Bump on bridge of foot

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a bump (squishy) on my the bridge of my foot for about 3-4 years. Every once in a while there is a very mild pain from it. However, for the most part there is no pain. It is soft and squishy like when pressed.

Does anyone know what this could be or what I could do naturally to try to make it go away?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure but it might be a ganglion cyst. They happen most frequently on the wrist but can be found on the foot as well. It could be surgically removed if it starts to cause you more problems.

• Posted

Thanks! Is it common to have them in pairs? My other foot has a very small version of what you see in the picture above. Is there any truth to the "drop a book on it" method?

• Posted

i thought i replied to this already, but I don't see it. My apologies if this is a repeat.

i had a bump on the top of my foot, right where one ties a shoe. It was not near the size of yours, but was painful walking, probably because of where it was. I ended up seeing an ortho who referred me to a plastic surgeon for surgical removal, because of the many nerves in the foot. i had it removed under local anesthetic 7 years ago. It hasnt returned.

The hitting it with a big book idea--not a good plan--if it was on your wrist, i guess you could risk it, but you need to walk on those feet for the rest of your life! IMO, not worth it!

• Posted

and it was a ganglion cyst! Forgot that part haha

• Posted

i would not use the " book method" it would be painful and not a long term solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.