bump on retromolar pad

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone else had bump above extracted lower third molars  feels lumpy

hed OPG xrays dentist not worried only me. 

I have health anxiety and freaking out   Any advice would be great 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

is it red , which or black in color ? 
    • Posted

It's pink but looks and feels like bone Don't know how long it's been There had my third molar taken out years ago Iam just really hypo sorry just was curious if anyone else had it Dentist just said itwas a retromolar pad and opg didn't show anything

• Posted

so you maybe getting another molar in place of the old one ? 
    • Posted

Wow .. a new one growing there .... that would be nice i guess. 
  • Posted

Mo, if the dentist has done panoramic X-rays and isn't worried about it, don't you think it's maybe your health anxiety that's getting the better of you? Health anxiety is actually quite a serious illness in itself.

I'd suggest getting just one other opinion from a second dentist to make quite sure there's nothing physical going on, and if there isn't, then start addressing your health anxiety. CBT can be helpful. You owe it to yourself and your loved ones to address this potentially life-wrecking problem.

• Posted

Hi Lily 

I agree with youand I am going to make app , this is just puuling me down now,Saw doctor last week and he suggested antidepressants but i really dont want to go down that tracl unless i have to, Iam seeing psycholigist on WED  1st March  hoping she will be able to give me some stratagies to cope with my anxiety  I thank you for being so kind and understanding  I  hate being like this believe me  

• Posted

That's good news Mo. I'm sure the psychologist will be able to help you. Get well soon!

• Posted

I had all my teeth removed in October. I've had all sorts of bumps around my gums. Some of them would move with a push from my tongue or finger some just went away. The mouth and gums feel is very noticeable and you notice everything. I suffer anxiety as well and the whole teeth and gum thing has freaked me out but all is well according to my oromaxillary surgeon so try not to worry.

• Posted

Thank you Floss this health anxiety  is horrible , just want to feel well again and not be so anxious and depressed  Many Thanks  glad you are feeking better, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.