Bump under upper eyelid

Posted , 2 users are following.

I can feel a bump under my upper eyelid. It has been there for many months now. It doesn't cause me any pain or irritation so I did not think much aboht it. It feel like it's under the skin of my eyelid so it's skin-coloured. Also, it becomes more visible when I pull my eyelid to the side. The reason I'm posting about this is because I have recently felt the same bump on the upper eyelid of my other eye. Any idea what this could be? I would appreciate any help or advice.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Without seeing it, my two guesses would be either a concretion which is a calcium deposit. This may or may not cause scratchiness. It can easily be removed by your eye doctor. The other thought would be a chalazion or cyst. These can sometimes be drained by your eye doctor and other times are surgically removed if they are bothersome or do not resolve with warm compresses at home. I would start with the warm compresses and see if it gets smaller, if it doesnt I would talk with your eye doc. Good Luck!
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I'm just wondering if a calcium deposit is a sign of high calcium levels in the blood?

• Posted

As far as I know it is not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.