Bump underneath anal skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 16 year old male and have noticed for the past month whenever I wipe I feel a hard bump underneath my anal skin. It's not inside my anus but between the skin (Don't know how to describe it). I don't know if it's a hemmoroid because I do have one but it's soft and I've had it for a while. This is much harder and is about the size of a small pea. I'm worried whether or not it could be the growth of a tumor. I am able to move it a bit around but not much. It doesn't hurt and I don't have blood when I wipe. Is this a symptom of cancer?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It's more likely an anal boil, or the start of one. If I were you I would get an appointment with a gp for examination. You can then be put on antibiotics sooner rather than later, if it is a boil you won't want the pain associated with it.

A small but obvious tip- have a bath and clean the area and go with fresh clothing, otherwise the GP may be wary of examining you on the day and defer examination.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi sound like what i had a small pea shaped lump under the skin near my anus had blood tests they came back fine eventually went away might be a blocked gland .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.