Bumps noticed under foreskin and in groin (PICS)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've noticed these symptoms in the last few days and I'm a bit concerned.

My girlfriend and I have only ever slept with each other and neither of us have ever had a cold sore so I don't think this could be herpes. We don't use condoms as she's on the pill. We haven't had sex since I noticed and have decided not to until I get it checked out.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

http://imgur.com/a/oReuh

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Does your girlfriend have any symptoms? 
    • Posted

She hasn't noticed any sort of bumps but she had some pain when peeing in the last week or two. Maybe she had a yeast infection and gave it me?

• Posted

The bumps under my foreskin have pretty much gone away and I got some antifungal cream in case it's a yeast infection.

The bumps never blistered or anything so I'm pretty sure it's not HSV 1 or anything.

I forgot to mention that the bumps were very slightly itchy and my groin was fairly itchy but both of those have mostly gone away.

• Posted

It does sound like a yeast infection. Your girlfiend should make sure she treats herself for the infection as well.  Sometimes the birth control pill can make women more susceptible to yeast infections.   If she has been on the pill for a long time she could give herself a break for a few months or a change of pill may be advised. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.