bumps on cheek

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all I'm 29 yr old male

Just been worried I've had a dentist and a doctor look at them and no one seems concerned however I'm not convinced wondering if anyone else has had this issue

I have a single red bump on each cheek inside mouth! Both right next to my top row of teeth

They dont hurt or bleed. Except when I use mouth wash then they sting. They are red to flesh colored in appearance with a darker colored center slightly indented not sure if they actually are indented just look that way and I personally have noticed them for months now

My dentist said it's probably from my teeth rubbing against my cheek but that didnt sound right my ENT doctor said they are my salivary ducts but seemed weird that I can see them with naked eye

Biggest reason I'm starting to worry is about a month ago I got sick flu or cold or something and I oot a bump on my tongue wich turned into a red spot on my tongue that wont go away [ center top side of tongue]

Docs say its glossitis idk anyone deal with this or know hhat may be going on I'm pushing for biopsy tests cause scared of cancerI'm not sexually active havent been for a year I'm a ex smoker but any info would be great

Also is it normal to be able to visibly see your salivary ducts on cheek

Guess it's good docs arent that worried but what alarms me is no one can even tell me what they are exactly

Any info would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey, if they're on both sides of your mouth it might be that u grind your teeth at night and are causing friction. which is resulting in the bumps. in regards to the one on your tongue, I've had the same problem since last August, after a weird swelling sensation on the back of my throat I decided to go to the doctor. he figures it was sinuses and put me in to an antibiotic, since finishing the antibiotics I developed a fleshy lump on the very back left of my tongue, which made me feel like there was something constantly Stuck at the back of my throat. so long story short, since then, I've been to the doctors, 2 ENTs, have had an MRI, had bloods, been to the dentist twice, and all came back normal??? I still have the lump, and went back to my doctor last week, saying, come on... it has to be from something, pls help!!! anyway, after a series if Q's etc, he thinks now I've auxiliary sinitus. I'm now doing another course if antibiotics, and he has me on a steroid nasal spray for 3 months. I hoping this is the answer, but am losing faith, because this thing just won't go away. BTW the 2 ENTs I went to c diagnosed it as a swollen taste bud due to silent acid reflux? I still worry that it's something sinister, even after having so many tests, just because it feels so alien. anyway, I hope this helps in some way. Definatley see a doctor just to put your mind at ease if nothing else. wishing u all the best x

• Posted

BTW... Bonjella complete plus is great for mouth sores. I highly recommend it 😉

• Posted

hi i had something similar years ago my doctor first thought it was my teeth rubbing, and he was stumped to give a reason, he then said the last time he saw something similar was in third world county where they didn't have a healthy diet. Im not saying you don' t eat healthy, but check that you are not restricting some foods from your diet. I was restricting various foods to keep my weight done, and thought the food choice was good. i cut out bread petotoes party foods sauages chocolate ect. to me mine looked like a canker sore.

hope you get it sorted

• Posted

Just wanted to give a update this was finally solved people tend to not write back once they have solved issue and I really dislike that lol so gonna break the chain I finally went to a oral surgeon to get a final opinion told them no one knew exactly what they are and no one was worried but I wanted to know in less then 5 minutes I was out of there I can see why he has such high reviews the bumps in my cheek were the stensen ducts aka tubes from salivary gland emptying into my mouth they are fine and healthy some people's just tend to be more pronounced then others so everything is good no craziness just my salivary ducts he tested by taking cotton balls and wiping away all saliva in area so my inside of cheek was completely dry then he massaged.my salivary gland and watched the saliva exit from the bumps most surprising part of all this was a DENTIST and a ENT DOCTOR both did not know this or about this simple test thanks for your replies I appreciate you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.