bumps on lip

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello all, so i had a canker sore that started yesterday on the inside of my lip, today it progressed to another one and multiple bumps on my lip. Im not sure what it is and was wondering if anyone can help me outimageimage

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

any other symptoms? meaning any burning/tingling/itching coming from the bumps?

• Posted

I guess just wait and see then. But if they continue to change, burst/become sores, other symptoms start to show, etc....then its DR appointment time.

• Edited

so it doesnt look like an std or anything? there is actually some tingling and itching. sorry didnt see that part

• Posted

Honestly, it does to me. Im also not a DR or medical professional of kind. But it does look like the early stages of HSV-1. Especially if you're starting to have other symptoms with it, I would say it's time to talk to a DR. Don't stress (easier said than done) until you 100% know though.

• Edited

Hi! Is this the first time this has happened?

Do they burn or itch? They seem like herpes blisters, try not to pick at them or pop them to avoid spreading.

It could clear up on it's own in a few days/week or you could head to the doctor for a prescribed medication to speed up the process!

• Edited

hi, yes its the first time the bumps have been there. they sometimes itch if i touch them, herpes sounds so bad. thank you for helping.

• Posted

Don't freak out! It's very common (think of all the "cold sores" you've probably seen) and usually people don't have a lot of outbreaks after the first one (which is typically the worst--most painful etc).

• Posted

YMB90 is correct. If you do your research you'll find a very, very large population of the planet also has it. Probably myself included. It's easy to freak out about something like this, but cold sores in and around the mouth area is crazy common. Society makes it seem way worse than it is.

• Posted

okay yeah thats what ive been reading everywhere. thank you so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.