Bumps on Lips Never Had Before

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I woke up this morning to find bumps on my upper right lip and was terrified. I haven't kissed anyone or shared any utensils or anything that would expose me to HSV-1. I took a HSV 1 & 2 test and they were low to be considered negative. They're not fluid filled and don't really hurt at all. They're just itchy and tingly. I do have a shrimp allergy and I ate some yesterday as I was under the assumption I can consume it long as it was with other foods. My stepmom who has been in the medical field for a long time said this had to be an allergic reaction to the shrimp I ate. Its just worrying me and it kinda looks likes cold sores, but I don't think it is considering my tests. Does anyone have a similar experience with allergic reactions on their lips???

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Tasha! Well, the lesion in the photo doesn't look like the allergic reactions I've seen so far. Generally, from what I have witnessed and even suffered myself, the allergic reaction just makes the lips and eyes swell up a lot.

These lesions do remind me a lot of herpes. Since some time has passed since your post, I would do another test and visit a dermatologist or general practitioner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.