Bumps on vulva and and around vagina opening

Posted , 5 users are following.

On Thursday last week I woke up with an itchy vagina area. Then it went for a day. The Saturday it became itchy again and I had strange discharge that was quite thick and white and clumpy, however it did not smell at all. Then Saturday evening I noticed a few little raised bumps on my vulva. On Sunday there were a lot more bumps on the vulva and around the vagina area. As it was hard for me to see I took a picture of it and noticed that the inside of my vagina was coated in white, to which I thought I may have a yeast infection, however I also have these bumps. I then started my period on Monday and the white coating inside my vagina had gone but the bumps are all still present on my vagina. Can anyone help me with what it is? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds a lot like a yeast infection to me. The itching and clumpy, thick white discharge that doesn't smell is very indicative of that. The skin bumps could just be a reaction of your skin to the infection. Yeast infections can cause different symptoms in different people and in the same person! I've had many yeast infections and it can be red, raw and sore with no discharge, or thick white discharge that stings, or tiny white spots that grow bigger until they meet and become one layer of white clumpy coating, or very itchy with so other symptoms.

• Posted

It sounds like a yeast infection you need to get thrush treatment from doctor or chemist 
  • Posted

I would have in biopsied.  Herpes, lichen sclerosis, a fungus, lichen planus all come to mind.  But I think it's going to take a trip to the doctor to find out whaqt it is and what to do about it.

• Posted

I've gone to the pharmacy and gotten a tablet for a yeast infection and some cream, I have tried that out and if it doesn't work then I am going to go straight to my doctor. Thank you for the reply. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.