Bumpy round patch of skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

So a week ago I noticed the appearance of a rough round skin patch right bellow my belli button.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I think it is behind causing me pain in my lower abdominals. 

I a'm really scared that this is Skin Cancer and I haven't gone to seek any medical help yet.

Can someone give me diagnostic and tips on dealing with this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This may be an umbilical hernia as it looks like a lump underneath it. That would cause you some pain as your intestine is trying to push out of your abdominal wall. The belly button area is a weak point in the wall and this is a common hernia. It can be causde by a simple thing like a sudden sneeze  You need to see a doctor. It may be just a case of pushing the hernia back and it will gradually heal but its a very simple procedure to close the gap surgically. There seems to be an infection as well so do see a doctor and dont worry.
    • Posted

I don't think it's a hernia the picture may be misleading

its not on my belly button its under it

So then it's just an infection?

• Posted

If there is no lump then it is possibly a fungal infection,although that wouldnt give you pain in your lower abdominals. The circular appearance indicates ringworm [nothing to do with a worm] which is fungal. You need some anti fungal meds. If you are in UK go to your doctor .

If it is fungal the pain in your abdominals may be another totally separate condition or it may be caused by worry about cancer. Worry can produce all sorts of weird symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.