Bunion and hammer toe surgery 6 months ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

After 6 months the bunion scar is still too sensitive towear shoes - any suggestions

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Patricia I would give it another 2 months, healing process takes alot longer then they tell you, how are your toes range of motion?? If that is good, it should take another month or 2, good luck,
  • Posted

I had both my feet done 8 weeks ago.  I bought 2x wide shoes and a half size bigeer that really helped.
  • Posted

Did you massage the scars to break down the scar tissue?

Really does make a difference.

• Posted

I started massaging my scar yesterday hopefully this will help
  • Posted

Wow I'm at 9 weeks had same surgery. I put on tennis always have worn wide. But my last pair of tennis are 2x. I had trouble getting them on. But my foot had plenty of room no pain once I got them on. But my foot swelled up big time. How your swelling? Try some super wide shoes. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi,

i had the same surgery 4 months ago and my scars are also so so tender.

i have just bought a pair of Nike trainers but the top of them is made of stretch fabric and there are no seams if you know what I mean.

they cost £45:00 and they are incredibly comfortable.

Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.