Bunion op in December

Posted , 24 users are following.

Is anyone else having a bunion op in December? I'm having one tomorrow, I thought it might feel good to share day to day experiences & advice with other people, especially in the lead-up to Christmas. I'm feeling very nervous today!

4 likes, 362 replies

362 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all,

Four years on and thought i'd update. Background story: I had the surgery (scarf osteotomy and akin) on one foot in Dec 2013 at aged 23. The first week was throbbing and glad I had painkillers, I could drive after about 3 weeks but gingerly. The scar was purple for about a year, then pink; now it's hardly noticeable.

The area was tender for a couple of years and this is probably the only long-term downside i've come across. I wouldn't want to touch my foot but I decided if I massage it I'd get used to it - which it did. That really helped, sometimes I just massage coconut oil before bed and I think it's also helped the scar. At my desk job I started to take my show off and bend my toe, so it's more flexible and I can actually point my toes. I bend my toes like this most days out of habit. 

If anyones reading this, let me know how you've got on smile

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.