Bunion op started Ealing without shoe but feel lump

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a bunion op on right foot and now have to start walking on foot. But it hurts numbness and tingling/burning but also a falling like a lump under pad of foot but consultant says nothing there. But I can't walk comfortably on it as it feels like I'm walking on a hard lump. Don't know what yo do. Has anyone else gone through this.

Lorraine

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lorraine

after surgery there is often damage to the nerves. This means strange sensations. after surgery for BC I felt like I had a ball under my armpit for weeks. I've also got numb patch on my arm. so when foot felt odd I wasn't surprised. much of the discomfort heals or improves. pain killers for nerve pain are specific. normally over the counter drugs don't work.

see doctor and try to be patient.

Kim.x

• Posted

hi. also had bunion removed from the right foot 5 weeks ago. i'm still using my magic shoe but have experienced a similar tingly strange sensation. i have put this down to my foot still swelling. swollen tissue never feels quite right. Also i still have the sensation that there is something between my big toe and the next one! very strange!

• Posted

Yes feel like I'm wearing a flip flop. Lol and like something pressing on big toe nail too. Lol

• Posted

Hi All

I can feel the flip flop too. I had two toes realigned ( they had been dislocated) at the same time as bunion surgery.

All the top of my big toe is numb too. Both sensations are improving though or maybe it's the new normal?

Happy Christmas.

• Posted

well at least 'flip flop toe' appears to be a normal side effect! lol

• Posted

Yes still got flip flop toe. Lump feeling under foot but rest slowly getting better. Walking not great. Struggling next day after short walks with numbness in toes. Been 9 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.