Bunion operation in Ireland

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello everyone, I am new to this discussion. I am contemplating bunion surgery and hammertoe correction in July. Has anyone on the discussion board had this operation done in Ireland. Also has anyone had keyhole bunion surgery done in the UK. Mary

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Eileen and Gillian,

Thank you both very much for your help and advice. I have to admit I am very nervous. I have 2 months holidays in the summer so I am hoping I will be well enough to go back to work in October, thereby only taking 4-5 weeks leave. I am going to the consultant on April 22nd so I will keep ye posted. Mary

• Posted

Hi

Keep us updated on what you think of the consultant- I think that if you trust him/her then you'll be fine.

E

• Posted

Hi Mary. Very quickly before I leave home. I go on holiday to Scotland in august and we enjoy walking. I am almost 1005 certain that I'll be able to wear my boots and head to the glens and hills. I've already had a couple of trial runs getting my boots on and short walks. That was quite a few weeks ago and the first time it was a bit of a struggle in early february and the 2nd occasion in early march was easier. Both walks were on relatively level ground. So, I hope your holiday will be a success mobility-wise.

You don't say what type of holiday you're going on. But as you've gathered, mine is fairly an active one.

Talk to your consultant and as Eileen has commented if you trust him/her then you will be fine. Do not be afraid to ask as many questions or raise as many concerns as possible. Don't feel pressured into doing all this in the quickest time possible. Make the most of your consultation and if you feel rushed at your appointments TEL HIM/HER that you want to get all your concerns and questions answered.

Keep me posted.

P.S. I cannot fault my consultant. My appointment was at 2-3opm on 31 March and I got in to see him at 3.40p.m. because the few patients he had at his clinic that day were all being given quality time. As indeed was I.

• Posted

Oooops! Mary . It should have been 100% certain and not 1005 certain!

G

• Posted

Hi Marycm

I am having bunion surgery done soon

Living in Ireland 

I was wondering how long recovery takes for surgery

I wak 4 miles and so dancing a lot

Will really miss my routine

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Josephine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.